Label Sensing

All label printers have sensors to detect where one label begins and one label ends. However, there are 3 kinds of sensors and each one determines what kind of label you get. Read our quick overview to see which label you need!

Label Gap:

A label gap is when there are pieces of stripped material found between each die cut label. Sensors in the printer is then able to read when the labels start and end.

Sensing Slot / Notch:

Sensing slots are the narrow oval holes centered on the label carrier between each label. Be careful of using these as printers have fixed or movable sensors, and which kind of sensor your printer has will determine how you use a sensing slot label.

Black Mark:

The last sensor option for labels are black marks on the carriers. These are usually printed on the backside of the carrier and the width is lined up with the sizes of the labels themselves. This kind of sensing is most often used with clear labels.

We hope this helped! If you have any other questions, call us at 800-828-6859 (Arizona) or 770-664-9692 (Georgia).

Author: IdentiCo Label

Founded in 1986, Identico has an established track record of providing custom-developed pressure sensitive labels, sheeted stock, and variable print capabilities to support the flexographic printing needs of a wide variety of business applications and industries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s